Sunday, March 2, 2014

Bactine! It still exists!!!!


 Bactine! It still exists!!!!


It's as if you just were told that Hewey Lewis is still alive after having thought he was dead for years (True story: I thought Huey Lewis has died in the early 2000's. Fortunately he hadn't. Whenever anyone told me I should see the movie "Duets" with Lewis and Gwyneth Paltrow I would say "Im sorry it's just too soon for me to even think about watching a film with him in it." After telling scores of people of his death and convincing all of them that he had in fact died finally someone who knew with certainty that he was still alive corrected my accidental faux pas (or Faux Mort if you will).

Recently when talking with one of my friends (Probably Jes since she and I always have these types of conversations) I mentioned that in the 1980s every cut, scrape or bruise I suffered was quickly remedied by a squirt of a clear liquid medication called "Bactine". That stuff was a life saver but it was discontinued (or so I thought) sometimes in the 1990's along with Clearly Canadian (or Clearly Canadienne if your prefer) and Cabbage Patch Kid's cereal and I was saddened to think that such an integral part of my childhood (and had probably prevented several of my appendages from getting gangrene) had vanished.

Stop the presses, while in line at the grocery store what did I see on the shelf?!? Well if you read the title of this post or know anything about foreshadowing you know it was BACTINE.  Given that Winter Storm, Arctic Vortex, Snowagendon is nearly upon us, may I encourage each of you to run out and grab a handful of this antiseptic/anesthetic just in case you get any minor scrapes or bruises during this next bout of ice mania. Long live BACTINE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment